What do I blog about?

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Mug Swappin' and Hot Chocolate Recipes

The fine ladies of Yellow Umbrella and Pointing Up teamed up to plan, organize,
and execute a fabulous coffee mug swap between participating bloggers.
This proved to be a fabulous way to encourage socialization in blogland.

I'd never been a part of a blog swap before, but in a way it reminded me of the "secret sister" activities we used to do as girls growing up in church! Or- even the "secret Santa" scheme that can happen at Christmas time, you know when you get to observe someone from afar and then shop for them to buy the perfect, personalized gift without them knowing?! I certainly put a lot of thought into the mug I mailed off to a fellow blogger, the hilarious and devoted Heather of Lawless Life. And... (drum roll)... Here is the mug and hot chocolate I received in a box with little trinkets and goodies - all the way from Georgia!
Thank you so much Anissa! 
Now I can't be too sure, but I think my Anissa is the Anissa from the Chasing Hailey Blog.
Monday, we're all going to be linking up our Coffee Mug Swap mugs over on Yellow Umbrella to showcase our new mug and socialize over the new friendships made. So excited!
I myself am not a coffee drinker though I sure did enjoy the hot chocolate Anissa sent inside the mug! I've also been discovering many other wonderful things to enjoy within a mug. My recent obsession: 
Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug!
Recipe here.
I made this the first night (yes, it worked wonderfully with my gluten free flour blend) and grabbed two spoons thinking it'd be a lovely treat to share all cuddled up cozy next to hubby- cute thought huh? In reality I was elbows out guarding the cup; speed eating the gooey goodness because apparently a deep dish cookie is far too good to be shared! 
 Of course, when I feel like a sweet hot beverage without throwing out any and all health goals, I sip this: 
(And, it really is delicious too!)
8 oz milk, heated
1 spoonful coacoa powder
Sweeten with honey
I haven't tried these yet, but here a few hot beverages found via pinterest that I cannot wait to sample!
Hot Chocolate Hazelnut
Raspberry Truffle Hot Chocolate
Hot Vanilla
Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate


7 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the choc chip cookie in a mug. That seems yummy!

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These recipes look so good. Thanks for sharing, hot chocolate is one of my downfalls! Love it. I am now following you on GFC. I would love for you to visit, follow back and maybe even link up on my Monday linky party.
    http://www.igottatrythat.com/p/blog-hop-linky-colde.html
    Thanks
    Marcie @ www.IGottaTryThat.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OKay, I definitely have to try that deep dish chocolate chip cookie in a mug! It looks AMAZING! I am your newest follower, excited to read more! Come follow along http://sjdmiller.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jessica,
    So glad you liked it...and glad on my part of guessing you don't drink coffee. I figured either the tea or the hot chocolate would be a hit! It has been great to get to know you vicariously through this...can't wait to get to know you better.
    Anissa from Chasing Hailey (good detctive work)
    http://chasinghailey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. are those PINK rhinestones?? FUN! I can't WAIT till the next swap, this was so much FUN! I'm your newest follower...

    Happy Monday!
    Dawn

    www.leroylime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for participating in the mug swap!
    Your coffee pics look yummy and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUTE!!!
    I am hosting a coffee mug swap this Thursday!
    Would love for you to join in on the fun ;)
    xoxo
    Heather
    www.heatherlyloves.com

    ReplyDelete