What do I blog about?

Monday, June 25, 2012

Gender Reveal Scratch Ticket!

I absolutely loved this project because it was something that dear husband (DH) and I were able to do together. Have I mentioned before how talented DH is? I have got to showcase some of his work on here... another day. Today is all about the big gender reveal! We mailed these super cute scratch tickets off to close friends and family: (Tutorial posted at end of post.)

Can you read the card ok in the picture? Just in case, it says:

Baby Who? Scratch Ticket
Ten little fingers, and ten little toes
Two little eyes, and one little nose-
Little girl pink, or little boy blue
We think it's time that you all knew-
We're having a... 
?
*odds of winning based on 100% probability

I came up with what I wanted the cards to say, and about how I wanted them to look and DH created this! A hundred times better than anything I could have done! And now, drum roll please... We're having a...
A boy! Can you believe it? What the heck are we going to do with a little boy? We only know what it's like to have a little girl around here! Oh goodness, I guess we're just gonna love him and I'm sure he'll teach us how to raise a boy... one day at a time. We're pretty sure we already have a name picked out, but since I do try to keep names off the blog we will use initials and refer to him as SJ around here. Proof? You want some proof? 
Pretty obviously boy, eh? Thus the, "odds of winning based on 100% probability!"


Tutorial:
The scratch tickets were fun and we had all the supplies we needed already laying around the house:
Card stock
Packaging tape
Paint brush
Craft paint (We used 1 tablespoon and had a lot left over)
Dish soap (We used dawn)

All you need to do is print whatever you so choose onto card stock and cover the part that will be painted with a strip of packaging tape. Then, mix the paint and dish soap together two parts paint to one part soap. Paint over the tape in a thin coat and allow to dry. If you need to, you can go back and add another coat of paint later.
Like I said, this was a fun activity for my husband and I to do together. I brainstormed, and he created our design. I taped and he painted. And we both got to test a couple just to make sure it worked, cuz hey- scratch tickets are just fun!

10 comments:

  1. I am so excited for your family! Boys are awesome (I might be a little biased). I love the scratch ticket, what an awesome idea! And I can't believe that ultrasound ... wow ... talk about in your face - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! This is SUCH a cute idea. I'm pinning it and saving it for next time :)

    Yay for your sweet girl getting to be a big sister!

    ♥ Bethany
    www.happyhomemaker.me

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! And Congrats! I'm a new follower and I’d love for you to share this on Tuesday’s Tidbits at Naptime Delights: http://naptimedelights.blogspot.ca/2012/06/tuesdays-tidbits-6.html

    Thanks!
    Sarah
    {http://www.naptimedelights.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd definitely going to have to try this. My hubby and I love playing scratch offs. We're not expecting but I'm sure I could come up with a fun alternative. Congrats!

    crafty-biggers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic idea! LOVE IT! I am your newest follower!
    - Hope : )
    (http://hopefuloneblog.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I wonder how our babies will feel when they learn that their "parts" are posted on the internet?

    I love this idea! I was lame and didn't do anything cool like this. Wish I'd seen this earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute idea! LOVE IT! I am a new follower from the Pinkapotamus Blog Hop!
    Hope you have a great day!
    Rebecca
    Heronscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this and just made mine today! I have seen this done before, but I loved your cute little poem/saying! They are at home drying, I hope they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! I just painted mine this morning and can't wait to go home and see if it worked! I have seen reveal scratch off tickets before, but I loved your saying/poem.

    ReplyDelete