What do I blog about?

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Childrens Hospitals need our help

I received an e-mail from fellow blogger Marie from Listening Rather than Speaking expressing her desire to raise money for a local childrens hospital. She made a small post about her efforts which can be found [here].

Please keep in mind that I don't know Marie personally, nor am I familiar with her blog. Through e-mail coorespondence, this is what I have learned:
  • Marie was born very blue complected and with two holes in her heart, she wasn't expected to survive.
  • She underwent open heart surgery as a little baby and made frequent visits to her childrens hospital for the next six years. 
  • Marie is very passionate about helping children be healthy and playful and free to run around being silly; not sitting in hospital beds! 
  • Right now, her goal is to raise $5,000 dollars but it'd be a dream to far exceed this goal! 
  • You can find out how to help by visiting her blog post (linked above) she is planning on donating 40% of all proceeds.
One of my favorite things about blogging is the opportunity it presents itself to reach out to so many individuals. I think that what Marie is doing is very sweet, especially heading in to the holidays and I wanted to do my small part in spreading the word. I hope that you all take a moment to hold the children in your life close to you and reflect on the miracle each healthy, little life is!

No comments:

Post a Comment