Please keep in mind that I don't know Marie personally, nor am I familiar with her blog. Through e-mail coorespondence, this is what I have learned:
- Marie was born very blue complected and with two holes in her heart, she wasn't expected to survive.
- She underwent open heart surgery as a little baby and made frequent visits to her childrens hospital for the next six years.
- Marie is very passionate about helping children be healthy and playful and free to run around being silly; not sitting in hospital beds!
- Right now, her goal is to raise $5,000 dollars but it'd be a dream to far exceed this goal!
- You can find out how to help by visiting her blog post (linked above) she is planning on donating 40% of all proceeds.