What do I blog about?

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Fathers Art

My incredibly talented husband made his artistic contribution to the baby nursery!
That fabric scrap semi- truck is jaw- dropping- amazing isn't it? He didn't use a stencil, he didn't sketch out his idea onto fabric first, nope- he just picked up my rotary cutter and set to work cutting a little like this and a little like that...
To make attaching it to the wall easier, we ironed interfacing to the back of his design. This held the bulk of the truck together all in one piece. Then, he "painted" his creation onto the wall using the incredible "goo" (home made wall paste) and applied the little decorative details on top. He seriously impresses me.

We were going through some boxes the other day and came across these car and truck drawings that he had made in high school! Aren't they cool?? I think it's awesome that he still has them and aren't they perfect for little mans nursery?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I love it! The truck looks great, and I love that he made it out of fabric pieces! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica!! I hope you got my message back this morning....thank you thank you thank you for the SWEETEST note ever...and I love the mug! Seriously your note was the highlight of my week when I opened that package! I am super glad to be following your blog now...and you can find my blog about opening your mug on the link up! Have a fantastic week!!

    ReplyDelete