What do I blog about?

Friday, May 25, 2012

DIY maxi skirt

I am back at the machine and it feels oh- so- good! Well, and a little cramped... I wedge myself in at Hubbys school desk between his keyboard and his notebooks, and try to use the foot pedal under the desk all pressed up against the computer tower. Regardless, it feels so good to be enjoying a hobby once again. I started with a really quick project. I am a super slow sewer; pressing lightly with my foot and stopping often to un- pin as I go, and I still had this skirt done from start to finish with cutting, pinning and sewing in 45 minutes. Of course, I didn't hem it. I know it'd look better if I did, but this material doesn't unravel, so what's the point? Remember, I don't finish anyth... Oh, and I just realized you can't see the bottom of my skirt in this picture anyway. Never mind. I followed Elle Apparels maxi skirt tutorial and love the result. It is super comfortable around my baby bump and I made it a little loose so hopefully it'll fit me right up to my due date. If I'm not tired of it after I've had the baby, I'll take in the waist and continue to wear this super comfortable skirt... forever! Hubby took me on a date, so I already got to wear it. Love him!


4 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogging!!! Your skirt looks oh so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt looks soooo comfy and the color is GORGEOUS!!! Where, may I ask, did you get the fabric??? I am in love with it :) I'm a new follower; please stop by if you have a chance: www.redheadedmommy.com I have a similar idea for a pencil skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made that SAME exact skirt and I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elle Apparels took down the tutorial, do you know how much material to start with?

    ReplyDelete