What do I blog about?

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award

Pam at Threading My Way totally made my day last week when she passed on the Versatile Blogger Award to me! Thank you Pam, I'm honored.
And, now it is time for me to pass it on. Here is how it all seems to work:

There are rules for accepting the Versatile Blogger Award:
  1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
  2. Share 7 things about yourself.
  3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
  4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
OK... 7 things about me:
  1. I am a massage therapist.
  2. I knew my husband when I was a little kid.
  3. I used to con my grandma into sewing me clothes by telling her that this time I really did want to learn.
  4. My favorite food might be cole slaw.
  5. Swimming laps is my favorite form of exercise.
  6. I spent a summer in East Africa and would love to go back there someday.
  7. I went through a phase in pre adolescence where I would only speak pig Latin.
And now... 6 blogs I enjoy reading, in no particular order:
(I know, I know, the rules say 15 but 6 is just going to have to do- I have a ten month old after all and she does not like sharing me with this blog.)

1. Better With Age Jamie posts pictures of before and after projects she does around her house. And, she has made her home beautiful!
2. NatSprat is actually one of the first blogs I ever followed. Nat has really cute tutorials and blogs in a way that makes you feel as if you know her.
3. Welcome to the Good Life I started following Sarah because of her fashionable sewing skills, but I fell in love with this blog when her husband hacked her account to leave a very sweet Birthday message to her. Such love there!
4. The Sassy Pepper. I always love a blog with good tutorials, Sassy and Pepper also have a super cute etsy shop.
5. Lots of Pink Here Amy says she sews to keep herself sane! She has a patchwork sewing kit tutorial that I'd like to try out.
6. Dumped and Discovered is a fantastic blog about finding beauty in discarded items. I love the end results and I might just get brave enough to up-cycle some furniture around here!

Head on over to these fabulous blogs and say, Hello. I think you will find good ideas and inspiration from each of them.

*If I've passed the award on to you and you'd prefer not to pass it on, no worries.

6 comments:

  1. aww, thanks so very much Jessica!!! I appreciate it so very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jessica! I feel so special! P.S. Everyone is loving your tote! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the award! And I LOVE cole slaw too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Jessica!!! I'm honored!! I love the tote!!! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessica! Thanks for the award, you're so sweet for thinking of me! I need to check out these other blogs, they sound awesome! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete