What do I blog about?

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Rainbow Cupcakes

My husband came home with some very exciting news! He had observed that Betty Crockers rainbow chip frosting is gluten free. We both have fond childhood memories with rainbow chip frosting!

Yes, he was positive! No, he didn't misread anything! It says it right there on the back... under the long list of other bad- for- you ingredients.
See it? Gluten Free. Right there on the bottom! Anyway, the rainbow chip cake mix to go along with it is, of course, not gluten free... yet? So we put our thinking caps together and came up with something just as fun.


These fruity pebble, rainbow chip cupcakes were so yummy! And, so fun to eat. I love how simple the jar frosting spread, it's just like how mom always frosted treats back in the day before the most important part of a cupcake was the fancy look of piped icing.

3 comments:

  1. Your blog looks like so much fun! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog ;) I'd love it if you follow me...I'll follow you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant solution! I'm wondering--once the cupcakes had cooled off, did the cereal go back to being a little crunchy, or did the consistency become cake-like after baking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I remember, the cereal was not crunchy. The only thing I will do differently the next time I bake these is add a little more liquid because they were a tad dry after adding the cereal.

      Delete