a tutorial posted at Curly Pops. I wish I could have used snaps like she did, but I have no clue how to go about sewing them in. Instead, I used Velcro and it works just fine.
The apron pattern is Simplicity 2319. Loved it! Few pieces, easy to customize, easy to understand... The pattern makers were even so brilliant as to make the arm edges finished with a casing that the neck and waist ties feed through so that everything about the apron is size adjustable! Of course, I didn't realize this until after I finished the arm edges my way... But next time, I will be sure to follow their directions more closely because I think it's a fantastic idea! Instead of two small pockets, I attached one larger pocket in the center of the apron. Better for my toddler to fill with little treasures. I added the little waistband and am still absolutely in love with the little cupcake fabric I found at Joanns. It's such a nice feeling when a project actually turns out as well as I'd hoped!