What do I blog about?

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Thanks for Visiting us!

We had more company the other week. My beautiful Aunt (whom I look so much a like, and always have... must be because we share birthdays) and her two kids chose to spend their spring break with us! Because, you know, our town is so exciting! Their visit felt like a "staycation" for us as we actually got out and did the fun things there is to do around here. They took my little girl swimming at their hotel. My cousin and I went and saw Hunger Games... in a movie theater! Haven't been to one of those in forever, literally, I even got popcorn... and candy. We LOVED the movie! The book was excellent, of course, but man- my imagination is lame because the movies portrayal of the Capital was far better than anything I had thought up. And, yes, I cried when little Rue died. Heck, I cried when they called Prims name, and when we saw Gale watching Katniss kiss Peeta. I was a mess. I probably shouldn't have admitted to all of that. But didn't they do an excellent job casting? Woody Harrelson, Lenny Kravitz, Stanley Tucci were all so perfect for their roles. Anyway... We went bowling. Laser tag and glow golf were fantastic distractions for my husband to take away some of the stress he'd been feeling in preparation for his semesters finals. Their timing was excellent because I needed a little extra help, and my daughter loved having playmates around. We were all sad to see them go.
She idolized him!


I wish I had gotten more pictures of this gal with my kiddo since she took care of her the whole time!




No comments:

Post a Comment