What do I blog about?

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fried Zucchini

More often than I would like to admit, my cooking doesn't turn out the way I'd like when following a recipe. Imagine my excitement then when a recipe I made up turned out absolutely fantastic! I'm not normally a big supporter of fried food, but we all jogged today (pushing a jogging stroller) and had a fruit smoothie for lunch. We so totally deserved this, and you do too... Here is the recipe:

Mix up the following in a bowl.
2 eggs
2/3 cup of milk
1 cup of flour
1 handful of Parmesan cheese
1 shake of cayenne pepper
A few more shakes of Italian seasoning
*If you feel it is too thick, add more milk. Add more flour if you think it is too thin.

Coat sliced zucchini with the mixture and set in hot oil in a stove top skillet. Cook about three minutes on each side. They should turn a nice dark golden brown. Serve hot with ranch dressing or spaghetti sauce.

5 comments:

  1. yum, I need to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though quite sinful, I LOVE fried zucchini!! I will have to absolutely try these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fried Zucchini! Never would have thought of Parmesan cheese. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. now I know what to use zuchinni for besides bread....this sounds great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks good, Jessica! Thanks so much for signing up to co-host on Marvelous Mondays! Looking forward to having you as a co-host next week. :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete